Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Surpasses $250 Million | Pocket Gamer.biz

Nintendo’s Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has surpassed $250 million in lifetime consumer spending.

According to sensor tower, Pocket Camp generated $255.7 million in consumer spending on the App Store and Google Play worldwide.

Since the game’s release in 2017, its strongest year has been 2020, boosted by the success of Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Switch and the COVID-19 pandemic.

In 2020, Pocket Camp generated $77.5 million in player spend, a 23.6% year-over-year increase. So far in 2021, Pocket Camp has generated $55.1 million.

Spend those bells

Japan is the largest contributor to overall consumer spending on Pocket Camp, spending $172 million, or 67.3% of total revenue. In second place is the United States with about 21% of global spending, and in third place is South Korea with 1.8%.

The App Store accounts for the majority of Pocket Camp’s revenue at 61%, while Google Play accounts for around $100 million, or 39%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4icbS1W7vgU

Regarding downloads, to date Pocket Camp has been downloaded 61.8 million times worldwide. The United States accounts for a third of total downloads at 20.4%, followed by Japan at 7.8% and France at 6.3%.

The App Store shares the majority of Pocket Camp downloads at 54%, with Google Play accounting for the remaining 46%.

Pocket Camp is currently Nintendo’s second best-selling mobile game, after Fire Emblem Heroes which has generated $929.6 million since its release in February 2017.

Hot on the heels of Pocket Camp is Mario Kart Tour, which has generated $243.7 million since its launch in September 2019.

Nintendo recently closed its offices in California and Toronto, marking the company’s largest layoff since 2014.

Comments are closed.