Harrison Ford ‘digging into his pocket to treat the cast and crew of Indiana Jones 5 to a lavish party’
The Adventurers of the Forbidden Bar! Harrison Ford ‘spills his own cash to give the cast and crew of Indiana Jones 5 a lavish wrap-up party in London’
Harrison Ford reportedly dipped into his own pocket to give the cast and crew of Indiana Jones’ fifth film a wrap party in London last Saturday night.
The classy party, dubbed ‘Raiders of the Forbidden Bar’, was thrown by the 79-year-old actor, after movie bosses failed to hold an official celebration after the eight-month filming, according to the Mirror.
It is claimed that the jamboree, also dubbed the ‘Last Brewsade’, was announced to staff using a flyer featuring a photo of Hollywood heavyweight Harrison in an Indiana Jones suit as he held a tray full of drinks with a sparkling sparkle ball in the background, with the rally marking “a very unofficial goodbye to Indy V”.
Generous: Harrison Ford, 79, reportedly dug into his own pocket to treat the cast and crew of the fifth Indiana Jones film to a wrap party in London last Saturday night (pictured 2020)
A source told the publication: “There was no official party being held, so Harrison happily paid for one himself, which caused a storm with everyone associated with the film, as you can tell. ‘to imagine.”
Hundreds of revelers reportedly attended the party which took place at the Bike Shed Motorcycle Club in Shoreditch.
MailOnline has contacted a representative for Harrison for comment.
Celebration: The swanky party, dubbed ‘Raiders of the Forbidden Bar’, was thrown by the actor after movie bosses failed to hold an official celebration after the eight-month filming (seen in 2008 Indiana Jones and The Skull Crystal Realm)
The news comes after it was reported Harrison helped a crew member on the set of Indiana Jones Jones 5 who was in the midst of a suspected heart attack.
The big-screen icon was on set as cameras rolled on the film’s final scenes at Pinewood Studios when the medical emergency occurred, a source told The Sun last week.
“All of a sudden a male crew member collapsed,” the source said.
Movie star: The news comes after it was reported Harrison helped a crew member on the set of Indiana Jones Jones 5 who was in the midst of a suspected heart attack (pictured October)
They added that the Oscar-nominated actor “stood a few feet away and screamed for a doctor,” saying, “Get me a doctor quickly.”
The insider told the outlet that the cast and crew “were at Pinewood and were due to finish on Friday.”
The incident is the latest in the troubled production of the latest installment of the action-adventure anthology starring Ford, directed by James Mangold and produced by Steven Spielberg, with John Williams composing the score.
In November, a 54-year-old crew member named Nic Cupac was found dead in his hotel room while filming the film in Morocco.
“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Nic Cupac, an incredibly talented colleague and member of the film community who will be sorely missed,” a production representative told the New York Post, adding that Cupac’s “sudden passing was unrelated to production”. .’
Ford was sidelined for three months last June after “sustaining a shoulder injury” while rehearsing for a fight streak.
The film faced multiple delays during the pandemic, as it was first scheduled to be released on July 9, 2021, then delayed to July 29, 2022, and in October its release was delayed until June 2023.
It is the fifth installment in the anthology, which includes Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull from 2008, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade from 1989, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom from 1984 and Raiders of the Ark. lost from 1981.
Close at hand: The Oscar-nominated actor ‘stood a few feet away and screamed for a doctor’, saying, ‘Get me a doctor quick,’ a source told The Sun.