Pixel June Feature Drop: More at a glance, handheld operator
Google is rolling out the Pixel’s eleventh feature launch in June with Android 12 QPR3. It’s available for Pixel 4/XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, and Pixel 6 Pro starting today.
After the last round of additions three months ago, Pixel Lock and Home Screen at a Glance adds three additional features with the June feature:
- Nest Doorbell Video Stream: Some have had this integration for a few months now, and Google is now making it possible to see a thumbnail camera live feed right from your official lock screen when it rings. A “compatible Nest doorbell (sold separately) and the Google Home or Nest app” is required, while a “doorbell” will appear in Settings at a glance.
- Flashlight reminder: When your torch is on, At a Glance will note it prominently and allow you to quickly turn it off with just a tap. This aims to conventionally solve how people can leave their flashlights on unknowingly, while saving you from having to re-open quick settings.
- Air Quality Alerts: Similar to Nest Hub and Google Search, AQI warnings will soon appear for your current location (in the US, Australia, and India). This feature is listed as “coming soon”.
pocket operator for pixel
In partnership with Teen Engineering, Google is launching a “Pocket Operator for Pixel” app to let you “turn everyday sounds into music”. Available through the Play Store and coinciding with the June feature, it oddly requires Pixel 5 and 6 series or newer.
…record video content and turn it into fun music and video tracks. Layer sounds, add visual effects, create patterns and beats, and mix it all together to create your own unique tracks.
Other features include:
For some time you can save digital vaccine cards to Google Pay — soon Google Wallet. The workflow has now been streamlined in the US, Canada and Australia with a screenshot automatically triggering a shortcut in the bottom left preview. From there, it can be placed on your home screen, with a more recognizable icon.
Talk mode in the sound amplifier is now more widely available on Pixel 3 (and newer) after it was first announced in December. A deep learning model uses audio and visual cues to separate speech and simply amplify the voice you want, with other people and background noise filtered out. You simply point your camera at the person you want to talk to.
A trio of new Curated Culture wallpapers from illustrator Yann Bastard celebrating Pride Month: “Yann, a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, has a thing for big, bold shapes and bright colors. He was born in Zaragoza, Spain, and is now based in Rennes, France.
Extended feature availability:
- Car crash detection is now available in Canada for Pixel 3 and later (excluding Pixel 3a).
- Chat translation in messages is now available in Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Korean, Thai, and Turkish for Pixel 6 and 6 Pro.
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. After.
Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more info: